There is no better way to see the Smoky Mountains than on horseback! To help you plan an amazing day of horseback riding in Pigeon Forge, we have answered five of the most commonly asked questions about visiting Five Oaks Riding Stables:
1. Do you need any prior experience to go for a trail ride at Five Oaks?
Absolutely no horseback riding experience is required at Five Oaks! In fact, we specialize in giving guests their very first trail ride. Our guides will instruct beginners on everything they need to know about mounting, directing, and stopping their trusty steed. Five Oaks is home to 60 of the friendliest horses you will ever meet, and they are very familiar with our trails. Whether you’ve been riding your whole life, or it’s your first time on a horse, you will have a fantastic time at our stables.
Of course! If your kids are over the age of three years old they can have a horseback riding adventure at Five Oaks. Children over the age of six can ride on their own, while kids between the ages of three and five will ride with an adult. Five Oaks has excellent kid horses that were specially chosen for their gentleness and sweet disposition. All children under the age of 12 are required to wear a helmet, and we will provide helmets to any of our guests upon request.
3. What will I see during my trail ride?
Our trail rides will take you through some of the most scenic areas in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Five Oaks is home to a 70 acre nature park that is teeming with fantastic wildlife and plant life. During your ride, you will see the remains of old moonshine stills, a gorgeous lake, and breathtaking views of Mount LeConte. In the fall months, guests will enjoy the vibrant fall foliage in its many shades of yellow, red, and orange. Throughout the trail ride, your guide will talk about the history of the area and all of the breathtaking nature that surrounds you.
4. Are there other things to do near Five Oaks?
Five Oaks Riding Stables is part of the family of attractions located at Adventure Park. Right next door to our stables, you will find an incredible nine line zipline course and a brand new ropes course. We also offer special combo deals, so you can pair your trail ride with a zipline tour, a ropes course adventure, or both!
5. What have previous guests said about their experience at Five Oaks Riding Stables?
Before you pay a visit to our riding stables, check out the official Five Oaks TripAdvisor page. We have received a Certificate of Excellence for 2014 and have over 140 five star reviews! Here is a look at what people have said about their time with us:
- “Went here the day before our wedding. The guide was informative and the horses well groomed and cared for. I would highly recommend this place to all, especially families. The views were spectacular and we all had a fun time.” – Deborah
- “We were part of a trail ride and were expertly led by a young lady who helped overcome both my niece’s and fellow rider’s fear of animals. Both the kids were terrified but with a little encouragement and guidance they both really enjoyed themselves”. -Mahira
- “I went horseback riding for the first time in 30 years. Our daughter-in-law works with horses and was happy with their condition and their treatment. The stable provided easy on/easy off platforms to get on the horses and tried to match the personality of their horses with the experience and comfort level of the riders. They went up and down hills with great views of the mountains.” – Beth
To schedule your day of horseback riding in Pigeon Forge, visit the Five Oaks Riding Stables Reservations page!